With the cold season picking up we just wanted to remind everyone of signs and symptoms to be aware of. Stuffy nose, congestion, coughing, runny nose and a low grade fever are all key signs that your child may be suffering from the common cold. If you are going to be keeping them home check out this EASY craft that you and your child can do together.
Prevention Measures to avoid cold:
Hygienic methods can prevent one from getting infected. Some of the precautions are given below:
- Washing hands after frequent time intervals
- Cover one’s nose and mouth while sneezing
- Stay away from people who smoke and have cold
- Avoid sugary drinks and soda
- Make your child exercise regularly
Having a nutritional based hygienic diet helps children to build their immune system. It helps your body to get ample vitamins, proteins, minerals which help fighting viruses.
If you are going to keep your child home here is an EASY craft that you and your child can do together. ENJOY!
Water Bottle Penguin
What you need:
– Empty Water Bottle
– Cotton Balls or White Packing Peanuts or White Tissue Paper
– Black felt or construction paper
– Orange Pipe Cleaner
– Googly Eyes
- Using an empty clean water bottle allow your child to push cotton balls , white packing peanuts or white tissue paper in through the neck of the bottle until completely full , then replace water bottles cap.
- Cut out from a sheet of black paper or felt a set of black feet, a pair of wings and a strip long and wide enough to wrap around neck of bottle for penguins face.
- Glue feet to bottom of bottle, wings to each side, and wrap strip along neck of bottle and cap.
- Add eyes and beak to create face for penguin.